Plentong Local Council

When the emergency period occurred in 1949, residents from Kampung Baru Ban Foo, Kampung Lunchoo, Ladang San and the villages nearby were ordered by the Government to be brought together and moved to an area which now known as Kampung Baru Plentong.The Plentong Local Council was established in 1953 following from the increasing number of residents and to ensure the safety of the town itself. During that time, nine committee members were chosen by the residents and two other members were appointed by the Government. In 1958, a community hall was set-up by the Government to be used by everyone. In 1967, a Local Council office was build next to the community hall. This was where the election took place each year for electing qualified committee members.